Officers of Avalon has 2 membership categories:
Full Membership ($25 US/YR):
- Current or retired law enforcement officers (LEOs), including reserves, specials and auxiliaries.
- Current or retired fire fighters
- Current or retired paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs)
- Current or retired dispatchers (police, fire, EMS).
- Current or retired corrections officers.
- Current or retired military police officers or investigators.
Associate Membership ($15 US/YR):
- Registered Nurses
- Persons over the age of 21 who are in training or have received training as a law enforcement officer, fire fighter or EMT/Paramedic and who are actively seeking work in their respective field.
- Security guards or law enforcement persons with limited or no arrest powers.
- Any spouse of a full or associate member.
- Any former law enforcement officer, corrections officer, EMT or dispatcher.
- Any non-sworn police or fire department employee.
- Prosecuting attorneys.
- Search and rescue personnel.
Note: Officers of Avalon membership applicants must submit documentation to verify that they meet the membership requirements. An example would be a copy of applicant’s work identification.